How to disable NinjaFirewall
There are two possible ways to disable NinjaFirewall:
- Log into the NinjaFirewall admininistration console, go to the "Firewall > Options > Firewall protection", select "Disabled" and click on the "Save Changes" button.
- Rename the PHP INI (php.ini, .user.ini or php5.ini) or the .htaccess file that contains the NinjaFirewall
auto_prepend_filedirective. Use this method only if you cannot get access to your NinjaFirewall admininistration console.
This is the most common problem experienced by some users. At the end of the installation process, it displays the following message:
The firewall is not loaded.
NinjaFirewall needs to inform PHP that it wants to hook all requests before they are passed to your scripts. This is done with some specific instructions added to your PHP user configuration file (usually named php.ini or .user.ini) or, if you are using Apache PHP module, to its user configuration file named .htaccess. These instructions will be given to you during the installation process.
If the test fails, it will display some info and recommendations to help you to solve the issue. If it keeps failing, please contact your hosting company and ask them how you can use per-directory PHP configuration files (see also PHP: The configuration file).
For more information please refer to: Troubleshoot NinjaFirewall installation problems.
I lost my administrator password. How can I recover it?
Because each site is different, it is possible that the default configuration of NinjaFirewall may wrongly block some visitors. If this occurred, NinjaFirewall would display a message with an incident ID (7-digit number):
- Ask your visitor to give you that number.
- Check your firewall log ("Firewall > Security Log" menu from your administration dashboard) and find the rule number that matches the incident ID you want to disable. They are displayed in the
- Go to the "Rules Editor" menu, select the corresponding rule number from the enabled rules list and disable it.
Note: if the
RULE column from your log shows a hyphen
- instead of a number, that means that the rule can be changed in your "Firewall > Policies" page.
For more information please refer to: Testing NinjaFirewall without blocking your visitors.